Tuesday, November 20, 2007
Play...
Writing a play is a lot more difficult than I expected...developing a character through simply writing a quick description and then completely through dialogue is quite a challenge. Actually one of the hardest things for me is making each character's dialogue distinct from the others. Since I am the person writing for all of these people they all tend to start talking the way that I talk. So I keep going back through my play and just reading a single character's lines all the way through to script to make sure that their speech patterns are consistent. I've decided that I'm not going to do my initial plan, because it just turned out too difficult. So I have all of these hilarious and awesome quotes from people that I've overheard/talked to on campus now and not really anything to do with them. I think maybe some day I will try to put them together and see what I can create with them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment