Thursday, December 6, 2007

Final!!!

Tonight is our final show! Very exciting. Thought that I would do a blog before we perform. Our last rehearsal was a little rough...there was a lot of forgetting lines, I told Troy that he cheated on me with a man (accidentally), then the rest of the rehearsal was a lot of laughing throughout practice...so we decided we are meeting early tonight to get everything down pact for the performance. We are all working well togehter though, I think our group has really gelled and now we need to just step it up for the performance. I really have not had energy recently and hope that I can really get into the role for tonight like I did last time...I have definitely not been feeling it the way I was before, I think it is a combination of it being the end of the semester so my heart isn't into it as much any more, as well as my getting over mono. Anyways, I hope that tonight turns out ok.

On another note, I went to see the director's shows the other night and it was a lot of fun. They were all one acts and all of them ended up being comedies. They were well performed and the staging was great as well. It really made me start thinking more about all the choices a director has to make and how it can completely change an act and bring things more to life or make things more comical, etc. For example, in Breast Men, every time one of the two main actors would say "Two Muskateers" they would both simultaneously do a little fencing move which was hilarious. I am starting to try to find little things like this as an actor that can be added to scenes and make them more engaging.

No comments: