Sunday, September 16, 2007

Why write??

I don't ever really think about the reasons behind why someone writes or why I write, but that is a pretty interesting topic to think about...I haven't written much recently but last year I definitely did. I feel like a major motivation behind my writing is when something emotional, traumatic, dramatic, or thought-provoking happens in my life. Looking in my notebooks its odd that pretty much all my writing is depressing and at times when I'm feeling depressed...writing becomes my escape where I can let everything out without anyone judging whatever I'm feeling and knowing that once I get it out of my head and on to paper I can often times understand myself more thoroughly and realize what I'm actually feeling. A lot of times I have trouble with sorting out what I'm feeling and why I'm feeling what I'm feeling, and writing is such a good way to sort everything out and be able to really know myself on a deeper level. and hey, who Doesn't want to know themselves better?

Other reasons for writing...political reasons, wanting to remember certain events or feelings, wanting to explain mental thoughts, ideas, reasonings, etcccccc. Writing is also simply relaxing, lets you express yourself, lets you get out of your mind whatever it is that is in there. It lets you share a part of yourself with the world. You can make a statement, whether it is political, social, emotional, religious....whatever you want can be told to the world and put in a play that is shown to an audience. And for the duration of the play the audience lives in the mind of the playwright and sees what he/she has to say on a subject or what kind of fictional stories and characters they can think of. It's a slice of their mind shared with a group of eager people listening and watching...anyways I need to do another blog to make up for last week I think I'll do it tomorrow morning...peace out

No comments: